6/3/10

Fences & Other Semi-Fun Things.

I hope ya'll had a great Memorial Day weekend! Mine was pretty awesome, and my birthday was Tuesday, so that just added to the fun :) 

Ok, remember in my last post how I mentioned our first project would be doing research and all the behind the scenes stuff so we'd be ready to put posters up in the neighborhood? Well, we're still doing that, but at the same time we're starting another project that will eventually involve the whole community: decorating fences! There are these cool plastic inserts that come in all sorts of colors that are specifically made so we can make designs on the fences. Yesterday I spent a good chunk of time walking around the neighborhood trying to figure out what fences we actually wanted to decorate. We liked the thought of a long stretch of fence because it'll be enough space to have a significant sized/length design. A large design means A) More people will see it and B) More people will get to help make it which is exactly what we want! Anyways, so today I dabbled around on Illustrator and threw some ideas out there. The one here obviously isn't done yet, but you can get an idea for what I'm going for. I'm still working on two other ideas as well [one relating directly to the "twine" aspect of the SALT District brand] and don't you worry, they're both equally as cool, promise.


 K, that's about all for now. I'll definitely keep you updated. Duh. Have a great day! -Stephanie

P.S. My roommate is making her world famous sugar cookies right now. Yeah, you can be jealous.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the blue and yellow color combination. And looking at the gorgeous green grass in the photo, it would provide a nice contrast. Keep in mind, I'm open to your evolving design options as well.

    ReplyDelete